Saturday, February 7, 2009

Janet's Food Meme

1. If you had the chance to choose your last meal, what, where, with whom would it be?

I just knew it! I guessed that this would be one of the questions! I would definitely want to have it with my family (i.e. Dad, Mom, Bro & Sis). The venue doesn’t really matter as long as it’s relatively quiet.

I would love to have all my favourite foods; the list is endless but here are some that I can think of off the top of my head now: curry fish head (from Muthu’s Curry), sashimi (from Sakae Sushi), fried hokkien mee (from the stall at Simon Road), soya bean soft serve ice cream (from Mr. Bean). Oh man, I’ll probably have diarrhoea after eating such an eclectic mix of food. Then again, it’s my last meal so it doesn’t matter, does it?


2. What would your favourite food/kind of food be, and why?

My favourite food would be my comfort food: bread! I can totally survive on just bread for days. Bread is a really versatile agent for different types of tastes, sweet or savoury. There is such a large variety of bread of all shapes and sizes that I can never grow sick of it. =)


3. What is your best food smell memory?

I LOVE the smell of cinnamon buns fresh from the oven! There’s just something so comforting about the smell of cinnamon with freshly baked bread.


4. Who is your favourite TV chef?

Oh man, it’s hard to choose. I’m on the fence for this one. I like Jamie Oliver for his laid-back style and simple approaches to cooking. On the other hand, Rachael Ray wins me over with her bubbly personality. I always chuckle when she says ‘E-V-O-O’!


5. If you were on a deserted island, what 1 food would you have with you?

Does drinking water count? I’m so prone to sore throat; I’d just die if I have no drinking water.


6. What is okra, and can you name a dish it is used in?

I know this one! It’s lady’s finger! I usually eat it in Yong Tau Foo but it’s also used in curries sometimes, along with tomato and eggplant.


7. What food can you absolutely not stand to eat/ not eat?

I must have my chillies! Red chillies, green chillies, garlic chilli sauce, sambal chilli! I always tell my parents that if I go overseas to further my studies, I’d pack at least half a dozen of ABC brand garlic chilli sauce to bring along with me.


8. What is Dulce de leche/ what does Dulce de leche sound like?

Man, I’m stumped. It sounds Spanish to me. My gut (pun intended) tells me it’s a dessert or something really decadent.


9. What is your cookie of choice?

It definitely has to be chocolate chip cookie, no doubts on that.


10. What is your signature dish?

I’m still pretty much a novice when it comes to cooking. I enjoy baking more since it’s more precise and the instructions are easier to follow (though the disasters can be difficult to remedy sometimes!). My signature dish has to be apple pie muffins which is one of the first baked goods that I learnt to make. It consists of all my favourite ingredients/foods: muffin, apple and cinnamon.

No comments: